Normally I am in the mood to make desserts/snacks, when I can share them with people. If not, I can’t finish them by myself and so don't have the desire to make them.
I made Kuih Ketayap/Kuih Dadar, a Nyonya dish. I took them to meet two friends.
One said: What is this? She is Taiwanese and never had this before.
Another one said: Smell the fragrance, the wrapper is a bit thin, the taste is right. He is Malaysian, of course he knew and his comment is true.
Ingredients – Makes 10-12 servings
- 120 g all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp thick coconut milk with a pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp Pandan leave juice or Pandan essence
- 200 g grated coconut
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 80 g palm sugar or brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1.5 tsp corn flour with 1 Tbsp water
- Mix all wrapper ingredients together in a bowl; whisk well into a smooth batter. Heat a shallow, non-stick frying pan and turn to medium heat. Pour just enough batter to cover the surface of the pan. Flip and cook both sides of the wrapper. Remove the wrapper from the pan, place on a plate. Continue the process with the rest of the batter.
- Put water, sugar and palm sugar in a pan on medium heat. After the sugar dissolves, add in grated coconut. Stir well and add in corn flour water, stir well until cooked.
- Place 3 Tbsp filling on a wrapper; roll it up like spring roll, then serve.
我做了娘惹糕之一的Kuih Ketayap/Kuih Dadar，给俩位朋友品尝。
材料 - 可做 10-12份量
- 120克 面粉
- 2粒 蛋
- 1汤匙 糖
- 1汤匙 浓椰浆 拌1撒 盐
- 1汤匙 溶解牛油
- 1杯 水
- 2茶匙 斑兰叶汁或斑兰精
- 3汤匙 糖
- 80克 黑糖
- 3汤匙 水
- 200克 白椰丝
- 2茶匙 薯粉 拌1汤匙 水