Ingredients – Makes about 11 oz (300 gm) meat floss
- 1.5 lbs (650 gm) pork shoulder
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, peeled (optional)
- Water – enough to cover the meat in the pot; a few cups extra if also making a soup.
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp oyster sauce (optional)
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- ¼ cup of the stock the meat was cooked in
- Trim all visible fat from the pork, and slice the meat into strips about 1” thick. Bring the water to a boil, then add the meat and garlic and cook for 15 minutes. This timing gives the best tasting meat stock for making a soup. The meat stock will be a little sour if the meat is cooked too long.
- If planning to use some of the stock to make a soup, scoop some out, leaving enough to cover ¾ of the remaining meat.
- Continue to cook the meat on low heat for about 1 hour or until the meat is soft enough to shred easily.
- Take the meat out and allow it to cool, reserving ¼ cup of the stock to make the seasoning. Shred the meat.
- Mix the seasonings and heat to dissolve the sugar and set it aside.
- Heat a wok and fry the shredded meat on medium heat until very little steam is coming out (about 20-30 minutes).
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour the seasoning mixture, a little at a time, over the meat in the wok. Fry, stirring continuously, until the meat floss is dry and crispy (about 20 minutes).
材料 - 可做约11安士（300克）肉松
- 半粒 蒜头去皮（可有可无）
- 水 – 锅的水位盖过肉，可加多几杯水若要煮成汤水
- 2茶匙 酱油
- 2茶匙 蚝酱（可有可无）
- ½ 茶匙 调味盐
- 5汤匙 糖
- 2茶匙 胡椒粉
- 2茶匙 辣椒粉（可有可无）
- ¼ 杯 肉味汤