Friday, March 20, 2009

Noodles - Curry Mee

Curry Mee (Noodle) is one of the hawker foods that are popular in Penang

Curry Mee (INA brand) is a Malaysia product. When I was in Penang, I ate a couple of brands of instant curry mee, but I never found one that tasted like ‘curry mee’. I never saw the INA brand in Penang. I cooked it with the original sauces from the noodle package, and I added some seafood and vegetables. The taste is closer and good; this is the best among the brands of instant curry mee I’ve eaten. However, I can’t find this brand at the stores in our area that sell curry mee!


Ingredients – Makes 2 servings

  • 1 pack ‘INA’ Curry Mee (noodles) with 2 servings
  • 2 ½-3 cups water
  • 4 shrimps
  • 6 soybean cakes (deep fried), slice to half
  • 4 fish balls (optional)
  • Some cabbage or green beans, cut
  • Some mint leaves

Method

  1. Add paste/seasoning from package, cabbage or green beans, shrimps, soybean cakes and fish balls to boiling water. After the mixture comes back to a boil, add the instant noodles. After cooked, turn off the heat.
  2. Pour the cooked noodles in a bowl, garnish with mint leaves and fried onion (optional). Serve while it is still warm.

咖哩麵是其中一種深受 Penang 人喜爱的食物
INA 牌子的咖哩麵是马來西亞产品。我在 Penang 時吃過其它牌子的咖哩快熟麵,但没吃过像咖哩麵的,也未曾看過 INA 的牌子。除了加海鲜菜类,我原用这包麵的醬配料煮出一碗咖哩麵。味道还好,有點接近,是我吃过咖哩快熟麵最好吃的牌子。不過在我们的地区却找不到有店卖这牌子的咖哩麵!


材料 - 2人份量

  • 1包是两人份量的‘INA’快熟咖哩
  • 2½-3
  • 4
  • 6 小豆泡,切半
  • 4 鱼丸(可有可无)
  • 少许 包心菜或长青豆,切段
  • 少许 薄荷叶

做法

  1. 加调味料(附在包装内)、包心菜或长青豆、虾和鱼丸在煮沸的水,水再煮沸后,加入面煮熟。再煮沸后即可关掉炉火。
  2. 咖哩面盛于碗,加上薄荷叶及撒上油炸葱(可有可无)。稍热食用。

No comments: